Monolithic Ovaloid


I always feel like a real art student when I have paint on my hands. I have splotches of grey primer on my hands right now from priming my monolithic ovaloid for 3D Design (I know, its a mouthful). I like to pretend that I'm a hardcore studio art major, when really I'm just a simple art history major who feels more comfortable reading about art than producing it. But today I actually kind of enjoyed Design class nonetheless. I think I'll like 3D better than 2D

This is going to be a long week, I can already tell. It's only Tuesday.

That sculpture is our art teacher's inspiration for the monolithic ovaloid project, just to give you an idea. The only difference is, while his sculpture represents something-a person's head-our don't. They're just designs. Oh, and the sculpture is by Constantine Brancusi.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never taken an art course or lesson in my life. I did do a little personal study on Picasso at one time - about his 'blue' phase. (I wrote that sentence so to impress you.) (Everyone is all about trying to impress, right?) -- Anyway, I AM duly impressed with you - and your major. I would think that many, many, many art students find it tedious to READ about art. . . so you impress me more than they. You read AND do art.
YGG.
-jw

Anonymous said...

ha! i first thought you were saying you were overloading on monoliths.
- MONOLITH OVALOID - MONOLITH OVERLOAD.
then i realized you were serious.
ha!
have a great rest-of-week!!!!
-mm

Anonymous said...

Hey, its almost friday!
-nate