Butt grooves

I'm at Common Grounds right now for the first time since I've been back. It feels so good, like sitting back into an old couch that has your signiture butt groove in it. Like that. It feels so comfortable. And the music is so nice. And everyone is reading or writing or talking. I'm in a really grand frame of mind right now. I feel like this semester will be a good one.

I actually enjoyed my design class today, which I was kind of wary about. It's because I'm not particularly comfortable in studio art classes. I think that I'm capable, but I'm just not as comfortable with everything as say, a studio art major is. These people have been taking art classes like this since high school and are also in drawing and painting and photography and blah blah blah and know the professors and other art students and here I am, a little Art History student, not knowing what's going on. Oh well.

But anyway, back to what I was saying. I'm in a good frame of mind. It's cloudy right now, which I like. Good weather for sitting in Common Grounds and studying (which is what I came here to do, but still haven't done.) I played raquetball (is that one word or two?) for the first time yesterday. That was fun. I'm not so good at it though. And I've decided that I'm going to climb that rock in the SLC. I've never climbed anything, and I've wanted to, but have been afraid of making a fool of myself. Well, I got over that in the last 24 hours and have decided that I will conquer that rock. It is mine! I just have to find someone to climb it with me. I don't want to go there by myself. That's too scarey. Also, Sing Alliance practice is going splendidly. I'm having fun.

Now I guess I'll do some of that studying I mentioned.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd climb the rock with you - but i'd make of fool of both me and you if i tried -- so i won't.

glad you're semester is starting well. - even though those art students know everything and everybody - --- they probably don't all know how to play the guitar and sing. -- and make quesadillas.

yeah.
-jw

Anonymous said...

i just read your post on january 9. mm. i like baked barbecue chips, too, i think. i'll have to review them and make sure.

cold weather is coming. brr. - but duh - finally!!!!

g'day.
mm

Anonymous said...

racquetball is one word, i believe (but it also has a 'c' before the 'q', in case you didn't notice and were wondering).

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the semester is starting well. Good luck in your rock climbing endeavors!

Nate