Sicilia

I can't sleep because my mind is doing somersaults. All I can think about it how much I want to study in Sicily next fall. Just yesterday I wanted to study in Florence, but now I'm sold on Sicily. Next fall, it's you and me Sicily. It's on the Mediterranean and it's so beautiful and smaller than Florence, more friendly and cozy and warm. I could go snorkeling! And visit Mt. Etna, an active volcano. The art is more Greco-Roman as opposed to the Renaissance art of Florence. The fact that the community is smaller really appeals to me. There are some cons too, but I feel like just focusing on the pros right now. The beautiful beaches! For one. Oh, and I'd be forced to use my Italiano more in Sicily than in Florence, I would learn it better. That appeals to me. I love Italian. I thought the more I learned it the more I would grow tired of it, but the opposite is true.

I just wish I could sleep.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey laura
maybe i could come visit and you could translate for me on the beach
oo - nice- jw

Anonymous said...

Sicily. That sounds nice.

Sorry you couldn't get to sleep. I hate when that happens.

mm