Poor Miles

Hey, Baylor got mentioned in news slice at RelevantMagazine.com today: "According to a new study from Baylor University, religion is not on the decline in the United States. Researchers say that, contrary to some pundits' opinion, most Americans do not believe God favors one political party over another, though about one-fifth believe God favors the United States in world affairs..." We're a pretty big deal.

So it actually rained yesterday, that'd good news. Except for the fact that it was right when I had to ride my bike across campus, from Italian to Art. Once I got past caring about getting wet, it was actually kind of fun. That is, until I encountered a really deep puddle in front of Moody Library. The depth caused me not to perceive a curb, and so my bike hit the curb and I fell over, into said puddle. It really wasn't that bad, because I was going really slow. But then once I got to my destination and parked my bike, I realized my U-lock was no longer resting on my handlebars, where I put it. It must have slid of when I toppled over. So after class I went back to the scene of my fall, but I couldn't find my U-lock. I went there again today, but it wasn't there. Maybe the water carried it away. That's kind of a bummer though. So my bike, Miles is his name, is right now sitting next to me in my room (Well, if a bike can sit. More like, it's leaning.) to keep him safe from bike-stealing hooligans. I missed him today though. Walking everywhere is so lame, I envied everyone who rode past me on a bike.

I'm meeting with a guy on Thursday to talk about studying in Florence next year, either Spring or Fall. Pretty exciting.

I'm now off to procure a new U-lock

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm. you & miles have had quite a rocky road together.

-studying in italy--- oo -- oo

sic 'em, bears.
- jw