A footnote!

I love living here with these girls. We all* just got home from church, changed into our sweats, made coffee, and are now studying. It's beautiful.

*By "we all" I mean three of the six of us. It just sounds better to say "we all." This is the first time I've used a footnote here. It's pretty fun. I feel like David Crowder. In his books he has lots of footnotes, sometimes with just random commentary. It's fun. I've just starting reading him and Mike Hogan's new book actually (I don't know that that's proper grammar. His and Mike Hogan's new book? Yeah, I think that's better), Everybody Wants to go to Heaven but Nobody wants to Die. So I'm reading that and The Great Divorce. Preoccupation with death, do I have? And it's especially ironic that I started reading the former book last Sunday, because of events that have occurred this week. Death is everywhere really. I know I sound really morbid and Emily Dickens-ish, but it's just something I've noticed recently. We're all just around the corner from it, we've all lost someone(s) because of it (yes, I know "someones" is not a word) or know people who have, but it's not often we talk about it. Not that that's a bad thing, I think it would maybe a little unhealthy if death occupied the majority of our conversations. I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm just kind of talking. Not even talking really, typing. Really, I'm just not studying. That's what this is: me not studying. I'll do that now. Studying, I mean.

It's interesting how my footnote is longer than my actual entry.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura Katherine! I like the Emily Dickenson reference. And I like you. But, I like the reference more. Haha just kidding.

bjs

Anonymous said...

luv your footnote!
mm