My newest obsession: fabric flowers

I found instructions online about how to make these bad boys and now am hooked. I've only made one complete flower, but I have gotten the hang of it and the second one is going faster.

I've also made a ribbon flower:

Ribbon flowers are quicker than the fabric ones. They involve some fancy folding.

How cool would it be if I had a wedding full of these things? And they would survive past the wedding--they could be given out to guests and put in my home. If anyone is interested in helping me make these let me know. It's only February, so I think this is an attainable goal. If not, we can just make as much as we can, use what we make and then fill in the gaps with real flowers.

In other news, for the first time in my life I am tired of school. I've always been one of those nerdy ones that kind of likes school, who thought she would be content being a professional student all of her life if that was possible. But now, after about 18 years of it, I'm finally getting tired of school.

But it's not over yet.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I am not very good with my hands, craft-wise, but if you think I could make those flowers, I would be willing to give it a try.... I think they're pretty neat.

So you're finally getting tired of school! Good thing you don't have years and years left. .. and that makes me wonder if you're not liking your classes much this semester. Hmm.

caroline said...

ooo! That is an awesome idea!! I knew you would have awesome ideas! I'd love to help! I made some similar flowers for some christmas presents so maybe I'll catch on quick..

Unknown said...

i love that idea! I would totally help you make them!

Linh said...

I forgot to facebook you back when you wrote me that message. Of course I'll help! That's what bridesmaids do! :)