I had another adventure-filled weekend. Went to Austin and went camping for the second weekend in a row, this time at Pace Bend Park. Before that though, Ryan and I went to REI and I found a pair of Chaco's on super sale for $30! Usually they are $95. Now Ryan and I have twin feet:

See, you can't even tell whose is whose!

In my Roman Art class yesterday, we talked about the characters of Gladiator (such as Commodus below, played by Joaquin Phoenix)


Gladiator is one of my favorite movies, so that was a highlight. I brought up the movie in class and asked if the professor knew how Commodus actually died, if it was indeed at the hands of a Gladiator. He said he didn't think so, though Commodus did like the games and participated in Gladiatorial combat on occasion. Cool. Hopefully there will be a question about Gladiator on the final: Compare and Contrast the events in the movie "Gladiator" with real historical events of the second century CE.

 

4 comments:

Being Beth said...

I think your feet are the ones at the bottom of the photo, right??? Cuter toes. LOL. Ya know, my kids jeans ARE in terrible shape. Poor Meredith had a tiny fashionable hole in her jeans, and then caught it on a drawer handle of the hutch three times and by the end of the evening, she had to change into shorts cause they'd torn such a huge hole. As for the fellas - they were chillin' casual. Let me know when your finals come around so I can say my final exam prayers for you. Should be soon, right???

Being Beth said...

I'll be praying for you all this week as you prepare for your quiz and presentation and then your final. I'm really proud of you, I hope you know.

Nancy said...

Ditto on that second comment of Beth's!

Anonymous said...

i think i could watch gladiator again...seeing these pictures. just prayed for you to do well on your presentation! it's going to be great. i have full confidence in your skillz of speech and teaching.