A Roma

So last weekend I went to Rome with my Michelangelo, Caravaggio, & Bernini class. We saw about a million things in one day, running all around the city. It was enjoyable, but long. Then, Melissa, Hunter, and I stayed the night and did some other sight seeing on Saturday. For some reason, I went on strike from my camera for the weekend and took no pictures. I just didn't feel like it. But Melissa did, so it's ok. I have this weird paranoia that if I don't journal or take tons of pictures, I'll forget my life. I'll forget these places and people and experiences. It was nice to take a break from that paranoia for a couple days. I didn't even bring my journal to Rome; that is so unlike me.

Going to Rome last weekend was the first time this semester I visited somewhere I had been before. Four years ago I went to Rome with my dad. I rememberd a lot from that trip, which surprised myself--like streets and shops and stuff. And it made me miss my Dad. I'm sure I got annoying, "That's where my dad and I bought souveniers . . .My dad and I went inside the Coloseum last time . . . That's where my dad and I took a cute picture . . .I saw Michelangelo's Moses with my dad last time . . " I'm sure everyone was like, "Ok Laura, you were here with your dad, we get it."

Speaking of. I would like to apologise before hand for the many references I will inevitably make to Italy in the next year. I'm sure that will get annoying for all of you. "We get it Laura, you lived in Florence for a semester. You don't have to talk about it ALL THE TIME."

Back to Rome. First, here's a picture I've dug up of my Dad and I in Rome quattro anni fa (us on the Spanish steps):


And now here's Melissa, Hunter, and I in Rome last Saturday (us in front of the Coloseum and . . . a Jeep. It was an ancient Roman Jeep, I assure you):

 

4 comments:

caroline said...

well I don't really see you very much, but if I did, I wouldn't mind at all you talking about Italy every 5 seconds. I am living the dream vicariously through you ;) That is so funny to see a Jeep by the colosseum!

Nancy said...

I love that picture of you and your dad.

And does Hunter still have his signature red stripe in his hair? I couldn't tell.

Just the other day I was talking to someone - maybe your dad or Grandmother - about how you'll be talking about your time in Italy the rest of your life. You'll have to plan a trip soon - for new material. Ha.

Anonymous said...

I won't mind either. I might get a little jealous on occasion, but I certainly won't mind.

Anonymous said...

I'll never get tired of hearing of Italy, and I suspect I miss you more than you can ever imagine. Daddy