Huff



What I really want to do is scream. I don't want my roommates to pity me, or tell me they understand, that they screwed up in the darkroom at such and such time blah blah blah. I just want to complain and huff and puff and scream.

I just wasted the last three hours of my life. For my photography final, I've been taking pictures at Florence's Santa Maria Novella Train Station. It was a beautiful day today, crisp autumn weather with a clear blue sky, so I decided to walk out there and take a roll. So I did. I was feeling pretty good about these 36 pictures, and so went straight to the darkroom to process the film. That's when things went downhill. To make a long story short, I stupidly exposed the whole roll to light while in the darkroom, but then processed it anyway--hoping maybe some pictures could be salvaged. Well, they couldn't. It was all black. Bleh. So then I decided to print a picture from a past roll. I just wanted one good print so that my time in the darkroom wouldn't all be for naught. Well, I didn't get a good print and my time was all for naught. Naught naught naught.

Naught.

Let's not talk about it anymore.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't pity you or tell you that I did the same thing or that I understand, because I really don't. I'm not much of a photographer. BUT I will say that that little girl is adorable. I think you should scream just like she is.

And...it'll be okay. Everyone does stupid things sometimes. I guess that's kind of like understanding, but pretend it's not.

Nancy said...

OH NO!!!! I'm glad you huffed and puffed. Sometimes that is the best therapy.

OH MY. Bless your heart.
OH MY.

Well, know this: I DID decorate that tree ---- just for you!!!!! It is waiting for you ..... as am I - and your loving daddy, and your sweet brother, and your dear Grandmother, and your precious Shiloh-pup . . . and everybody else I know.

Hang in there!

caroline said...

oh that is really terribly frustrating!

but also, I am so jealous that you have a darkroom to use!! I miss getting to do that stuff... maybe I can convince my parents to let me turn their closet into a darkroom.. its the only room without windows afterall ;)

Audrey said...

that is a great photograph in your blog. also I'm sorry about your photograph mishaps. also I read this sometimes slash maybe am stalking you and wishing I could be in Florence. also Waco is not the same without you.