Ping!

My house is making a lot of noises this morning. There are men outside doing yardwork and men above working in the attic, I think on the air conditioning or something. As we were eating breakfast this morning we kept hearing noises right above our head, like "pings!" and "thwats!" It was pretty funny/frightening.

It's only 11:10 and I've already accomplished so much. I've come closer to finishing my Christmas shopping, I've ordered my textbooks, and I've sent in my money for our electricity bill. Not a bad morning. It's interesting, having to worry about things like paying bills. When I got the email from Molly about how much we owe for our electric bill, I thought to myself, "Oh dear, and I still need to buy so many Christmas gifts. Perhaps I can hold off on paying the bill for a little while, they'd understand." I was thinking this was a perfectly reasonable assessment of the situation when it dawned on me that really, things like bills are supposed to take priority over things like Christmas presents, not the other way around. I'm not used to thinking like that.

Ok, I'm tired of strange men walking around my house, espeically when I'm here by myself. I'm going to do some more Christmas shopping. Perhaps I'll stop by a Coinstar first...

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Pay that electric bill! For Christmas you can just give me a hug. Yeah - that won't cost anything and yet it's priceless.
Oh, and you can scratch my back, too.

-mm