Not a bad day

I just spent the last hour or so being in and out of a nap on my couch. I never nap, but this was actually kind of nice. I don't remember actually being asleep, but I remembering dreaming. Like, in one dream my dad gave me a Christmas present that was kind of like a backpack, back more like a baby bag. And it could stretch out really long and fit a lot of stuff. I kept having ilttle dreams like that.

And also I'm done with this semester now. I finished my finals today. They were pretty painless. Not a walk in the park, but not a walk in downtown Waco at night either. For part of my Italian final I had to write a story using the words wedding, sad, sheep, to chat, and to say. I wrote a story about a man that was in love with a woman who worked as the restaurant where he ate lunch every day, but he was sad because she never talked to him. That is until on day when he ordered sheep for lunch. When she heard him order sheep, she said, "I love sheep!" After that every day they would chat while the man ate his lunch. One day the man asked the woman if she would like to go to his cousins wedding with him, but she said no. He asked her why and she said it was because she didn't like weddings, she always ended up eating too much cake. The story ends with the man saying, "Non capisco le donne!" or "I don't understand women!" The end.

I also got a five dollar Target gift card today for having the third most volunteer hours in Habitat for Humanity. That was pretty surprising. And I sold my books back and got some extra cash for Christmas shopping. So all in all, not a bad day.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura! I love that story. It made me smile a really wide smile, which led to a little chuckle, which actually wasn't good because I was in the middle of eating a pb&j sandwich, so I sort of choked on it a little. But still. I liked that story!

Anonymous said...

I liked that story, too. And I can't wait till I hear you tell stories in person. . . which will be SOON!

Drive carefully. There - now you will drive carefully! Whew!
-mm