Pray

Since living in Denton, I have been going to The Village Church and have really been blessed by doing so. It's slowly becoming my new church home. The reason I'm telling you this is to ask for your prayers for Matt Chandler, the lead pastor of the church. I don't know if you've heard, but on Thanksgiving, Matt had a seizure and subsequently found out he had a brain tumor. This past Friday he underwent surgery to remove the tumor, and next they will do a biopsy of it. This past Sunday they showed a video of Matt during the service saying some encouraging words. I want to share it with you--Matt is such a compelling teacher, even in this five minute video clip. So click here to watch it. I just watched it for the third time myself.

So if you could, please pray for his wife, kids and church family. Much appreciated!!

 

3 comments:

Being Beth said...

Wow, that was moving. He's one bold dude! Thanks for sharing it. Keep us posted on how he's doing in his recovery.

Nancy said...

Wow. I just watched that video. It was so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing it.

It was amazing.

And I'm praying. mm.

Anonymous said...

Hi, babe! You are currently sitting ( assuming your not standing reading your sweet short story...) in your last class of your first semester of grad school!! Wow. Amazing how fast the semester has come to a close huh? I am immensely proud of you and impressed by you : ) Thanks for being such an incredible example of Christ in my life, lil darlin. Going to study now... see you soon!