Louie has a new home!

And some new roommates. Lots of changes for my little fish. He seems to be adjusting well though.

First, he upgraded from a bowl to a ten gallon tank. I knew a guy getting rid of his tank and I got the whole set up for 15 dollars--tank, stand, filter, light, rocks, fake plant, massive rock. Sweet deal. So Louie moved into his new mansion yesterday (and now there is a constant delightful sound of water running in my room.

Then, his mom (me) was so excited about his big new home that she wanted to get Louie some roommates to populate it. So today, Ryan and I went to PetSmart. I got a black moor goldfish named Regina and a snail named Bruce (his friends call him Brucey). Here is Louie with Regina.

I've found it's easier to photograph a fish in a tank rather than in a bowl. If you look closely at the photograph above (and you can do so by clicking on it) you can see Brucey as an orange blob on the bottom left. He is doubled because I took the picture at a corner.

I'm excited about my new hobby of fish-keeping.


This past weekend was very family-filled. Friday, Ryan and I went to Colleyville to spend time with my family and partake in some Christmas card pictures (you can check out my mom's blog for the results). That was a lot of fun, always is. And then on Sunday we went to Ryan's grandparents' place and hung out with his family. His grandparents have a fun house with lots of animals--two dogs, two cats, three goats, one horse, a catfish filled pond, and ducks (did I forget anything, Ryan?). We took turns riding the horse--bareback. We also ate yummy lunch.

Now, I'm onto my flu-free week.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there were also a lot of fire ants, some mosquitos, and few fleas.

and i just noticed that the bottom-legs part of the aquarium sort of go with your lady standing up behind the tank! yeah?

Nancy said...

Oh, I have to come (go) meet my new grandfish!

That's a great close-up picture of them, by the way.

Oh, and I like their names. !!

Yes, have a flu-free week!

Rachael said...

i just caught up on reading your blog, i haven't read it since the UNT (sorta) spirit post. it made me cry. job well done. love you love you love you.

rachael

ps- thanks for the shoutouts!

rachael said...

pps- you didn't tell me you rode bareback this weekend! i used to do that all the time when i rode, and that was how i was riding the first time i got bucked off. good memories. i'm glad you made some of your own.