Spontenaity

So,
At the begining of this summer, aside from my two week adventure in Kenya, I decided to pass the season in Waco, taking classes and working at Camille's. At the endish of June, niether the idea of living in my apartment sans my roommates for the month of July nor continuing to work at Camille's seemed appealing to me any longer (that sentence was kind of awkward, but we're going with it). So I dropped my session 2 classes at Baylor, applied to TCC, and gave Camille's my two weeks notice. Last night, I registered for a class at TCC and this morning I paid for it. A couple hours later, I dropped the class at TCC and took a job at the tea room where my mom plays piano. I'll be serving food, making tea--earning some extra cash before my adventures in Europe.

I used to think I was the type of person who liked well thought-out plans, who found spontaneous-ness uncomfortable. I don't know about that anymore. I've been trusting my instincts more of late, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Oh yeah, and then there's the nose piercing.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so no more TCC?? That's exciting. Now you can be close to your mama and make some money, honey.

I like your spontaneous decisions. They encourage me to make some. Actually, I did today. I quit Old Navy ;)

Nancy said...

I'm usually not spontaneous either, but every once in a little while I throw my plans out and do something different. It IS a good feeling. Yes.
Hmm. What can I do in the next few minutes that is spontaneous? Hmm. I know. I'll e-mail you a riddle I heard.
Wow. I'm really branching out. This is exciting.