Memo to self: Don't hold the mug with your left hand while pouring boiling water into it from a pot with your right hand. Instead, put the mug down on a flat surface (preferably in the sink because you will probably make a mess) and then pour said boiling water, with your left hand safely out the way. I really need to invest in a tea kettle, because they are made to have boiling hot water pouring out of them. My poor fingers.

I'm in the upstairs of a coffee shop called The Hydrant. It's my current favorite place to study. It's more quiet and more comfortable than a lot of the other coffee shops here. And the people who work here that I have encountered are really nice.

There is a guy tuning a piano in the room I am sitting in. And speaking of pianos, Ryan and I are going to see Regina Spektor on November 12th. You should come! Get a ticket! Google it! Something!



I like fall. I am excited about it. I'm excited about jackets and sweaters and scarves and hats. Of course, sometimes we to even get to wear those things in the winter. When does fall start. Has it?

 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That video was very enjoyable!

And your fingers. Oh dear.

Wil Carmack said...

Fall started on the 22nd.

Wil Carmack said...

Fall started on the 22nd.

Wil Carmack said...

oops

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about jackets and sweaters and scarves and hats too! I love cooler weather. In fact, I bought a new fall-like sweater today AND am wearing a hat. Cold weather totally beats hot weather, in my opinion.