Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This morning, I groggily poured myself some cereal and got out my milk and noticed . . . that my milk was a bluish greenish color. I was so perplexed. It wasn't old and it smelled okay, so I shrugged and poured it over my cereal. I then opened my mango juice and noticed that was green too. But it also smelled and tasted fine. That's when I remembered the conversation I had last night with my roommate Elise . . . .

St. Patrick's Day is Elise's favorite holiday. Growing up, her mom got really into it and made green cupcakes, put green feet everywhere (?), had a scavenger hunt for her kids to find the hidden pot of gold, and dyed everything green (from the toilet water to the milk). So Elise had been sneaky and dyed all our things green! She also made green cupcakes (without refined sugar, since she and Tinsley gave up refined sugar for lent)

I'm wearing green striped pants too. Hope you've got on green!

 

5 comments:

Being Beth said...

I wouldn't have poured green milk on my cereal no matter how it smelled. You might be finding green stuff for the next week, LOL. My dad used to make green eggs, and it crossed my mind to make quiche for supper tonight and add a few drops of green to it before baking. Doubt I'll do it though, I want it eaten up not just scooted around on plates -- not everyone has your courage.

Nancy said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

was completely oblivious as you know... but i had a pretty sweet green turtle hanging around my neck.

:)

hi, darlin'.

Anonymous said...

...or somewhere halfway down my back- depending on the time of day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Laura. You were one of the people I wanted to talk to the most about it, since you gave up all meat but fish for Lent last year. I knew you'd encourage me ;)