Remember me?

Hello friends, family, and stalkers. The last time I posted I included a picture of me cutting Ryan's hair, and now it is almost time to cut it again! Oh dear.

His birthday was last week and we went to the Nasher Sculpture Center . . .

We did other exciting things, but that is all that I have pictures of. I took lots of pictures there. I like art. I also like feminism. Both are often times misunderstood and I find myself having to explain my interests to my friends a lot. I like it though. Today I presented in my Philosophy and the Arts class over Feminism and Postmodernism. It went pretty well; you should have been there. I'm thinking of going on a lecture circuit. People should pay to see me talk about Feminism and Postmodernism. People need to know.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

This past weekend was Steppin' Out, which is a Baylor tradition which involves students' participation in service projects around Waco. Me and six of my friends did lawn work at a home for mentally impaired people (I don't know the PC term-mentally challenged? mentally handicapped? crazy people?). It was enjoyable, being outside and working. And doing it with people I enjoy to be around.

I trimmed hedges.

And now it is the week of Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I'll go back to Colleyville, where there will be food and love waiting for me. It'll be nice, but won't be without some studying. There is still a final hurdle before finals.

 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

A new post!
A new look!

WOW!

Being Beth said...

Ooo, I like the fresh new look on your blog.

I gave your dad the name of a book you might enjoy reading. Just in case he's forgotten about it, it's called, "Heart of FleshA Feminist Spirituality for Women and Men" by Joan D. Chittister. It's an amazing read and is THE BEST book I've everread on feminism as it does not degrade men in any way, but rather celebrates the gifts both genders bring to the world. I hope you'll get it and read it, then lets chat about it -- I would realy like to hear what you think of it. Of course, we can wait until after you graduate.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Maybe "mentally ill" would be best.

You seem to have busy weekends.

Anonymous said...

of course you'd post the picture with me being creepy (unintentionally) or in pain from something hitting me in the groin.. either option/look doesn't bode too well for me.

and i know i was right there during much of the creation of your presentation today... but i want a recap.

Wil Carmack said...

I think the current PC term for that is "Developmentally Delayed." at least for being under 50 IQ.

Wil Carmack said...

I think the current PC term for that is "Developmentally Delayed." at least for being under 50 IQ.

Wil Carmack said...

oops... i pressed the button twice...

Anonymous said...

The term is "special needs", because although mentally handicapped and things of that nature sound polite, there is not always a certainity of what their problem is, unless someone told you. So, as a nurse told me, you're supposed to say "special needs", because, obviously so, they require special needs.

I had some trouble when I intially heard that because I think it sounds sorta rude, but.. it makes sense.

Hope this clears up your confusion.