. . . gorillas?

Check out this picture. Its caption reads, "Contestants gathered at the starting line, getting ready for the first-annual San Francisco Great Gorilla Run that began in Golden Gate Park just near the bandshell Sunday. Over 400 people, dressed as gorillas, ran a race to raise funds for mountain and low land gorillas threatened in the Congo, Uganda and Rwanda. Chronicle photo by Brant Ward"" (here's a link if you want to see more photos.) I thought that was interesting.

My car was towed earlier this morning. It's all out of my hands now, which is kind of a relief. And remember when I was saying how thankful I was to have a good bike to fall back on? Well, I certainly jinxed myself with that--now the back tire of my bike if deflated and won't take air. I guess it needs a new tube, but I need a car to go get one and remedy the problem. Now I'm stuck with my two feet and the benevolence of my friends. Oh well. So goes life. It's all pretty funny actually. Last week pretty much everything I own that plays a significant part in my day-to-day life had problems, I already mentioned my car and bike, but my laptop and phone also were being finicky. I keep telling myself that they are all luxury items anyway and I need to stop complaining. Things could be so much worse. I could be dying. And I'm not, as far as I know. Heck I get to go to flippin' Italy in a couple months, life can't be all that bad.

 

1 comments:

Nancy said...

interesting post.
weird picture, and you've had a weird week.

i like going to your blog site.
i never know what i'm going to find.
IT'S SO EXCITING - ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!